- 74,000 square-foot modern building with state-of-the-art 8,000 square-foot Data Center.
- The 2nd floor containing the Data Center, critical portions of the 1st and 3rd floors, and portions of the roof level equipment rooms are hurricane category 3 hardened.
- Pursuing LEED Silver certification, unusual for a data center building; IT center uses energy efficient chilled beams for cooling in office areas and incorporates numerous other “green” features.
- $41.7 million construction cost financed with a combination of State General Obligation Bonds and UH Revenue Bonds. Construction has been conducted on budget.
- Groundbreaking - February 3, 2012
- Architect - Ferraro Choi and Associates, Ltd.
- General Contractor - dck pacific construction, LLC
- Construction Manager - Bowers & Kubota Consulting
Staff available to respond to IT needs of all faculty, staff, and students throughout the UH system, via phone, e-mail, or face-to-face.
Digital Media Center
Faculty space for the creation of digital content for teaching and learning in the 21st century. ITS instructional design consultants are available to assist faculty.
Twenty seat computer training lab available for use by any university department. Priority given to rollout of applications used by the university.
Two videoconference rooms, combinable into one large room, with high definition video projection and ultra-high definition (4K) panels.
- Data Center and Information Technology Operations Center (ITOC)
- 8,000 square-foot raised-floor Data Center
- State-of-the art energy efficient water cooled equipment racks
- Backup battery and generator power
- Houses enterprise servers and storage for all core university systems
- Head-end for the university data, video, and voice networks
- Provides virtual server hosting for any university department
- Colocation services available for university departments
- Planned home for UH High Performance Computing (HPC) cluster and research data repository IT Operations Center provides 24x7x365 proactive monitoring of all systems
- Emergency Situation Room (ESR)
An interior Emergency Situation Room (ESR) for use by UH System and Manoa campus emergency coordination teams with redundant power and communications.
- Fourth-Sixth Floors
Open concept staff space and meeting rooms to bring together UH Information Technology Services staff to improve collaboration and free up space for renovation, surge space, and other uses in multiple locations around the Manoa campus.
University of Hawaii
Integrate IT Solutions